The CMC competition is designed for all level athletes to test strength, endurance and agility. Race day structure consists of “The PIT” (strength element) transitioning into a mountain run with military obstacles positioned throughout. The difficulty of the course is determined by you the competitor, whether you are a weekend warrior looking for the ultimate challenge or a competitive athlete looking to win... CMC is for you.
The PIT consists of 3 basic movements and it is designed to be the great equalizer by leveling the playing field between power athletes and endurance runners to determine the best overall conditioned athlete. As a competitor your goal is to accumulate as many repetitions as possible. The exercises in the PIT are simple universal movements that all athletes, no matter what sport or fitness background, can relate to.
Set a Goal: Each competitor determines the difficulty of the PIT and obstacle course by how hard you push yourself.
This unique structure is what separates the Civilian Military Combine from all other races and competitions.
This race structure has been carefully created, refined and reviewed by the top strength and conditioning coaches from the Cross Fit community, United States Armed Forces and USA Triathlon Organization Race Directors.
1. Each of the stations will be populated by a competitor and a judge.
2. There will be NO individual or team relays
3. Scoring will be a combination of total repetitions completed in the PIT and race time on the course.
4. Team scoring will be based on the average of the total repetitions completed by the team and lowest average race time.
5. Team members are NOT required to run together as team awards will be based on the lowest average team time.
6. Team competitors will also be eligible for the individual awards. Strongest and fastest will win the CMC competition.
7. To be eligible for team and individual awards, each competitor MUST complete the PIT and all obstacles on the course.
8. If you cannot complete an obstacle course marshals will record your bib number and submit to the race director.
Connect to CMC
Newsletter Sign up:
Sign-up to receive exclusive offers ONLY available to members.